Our Latest Donors:
Community Standards and Data Protection
The Lyric welcomes comments from everyone.
In order to foster discussion and maintain a safe and welcoming environment, we have adopted the following standards. These are based on the Guardian.co.uk community standards and participation guidelines (available in full here), and have been adapted with permission.
There are 10 simple guidelines which we expect everyone, and ourselves, to abide by:
1. We welcome debate and dissent, but personal attacks, persistent trolling and mindless abuse will not be tolerated.
2. We acknowledge criticism of our programme, but will not allow persistent misrepresentation to be published on our website. For the sake of robust debate, we will distinguish between constructive, focused argument and smear tactics.
3. We understand that people often feel strongly about a play they have seen, but we will not publish any content that others might find extremely offensive or threatening. Please respect other people's views and beliefs and consider your impact on others when making your contribution.
5. We will not tolerate racism, sexism, homophobia or other forms of hate-speech, or contributions that could be interpreted as such.
6. We will not publish any content that may put us in legal jeopardy, such as potentially libellous or defamatory postings, or material posted in potential breach of copyright.
7. We will not publish any posts that are obviously commercial or otherwise spam-like.
8. Keep it relevant. If we feel that a comment or post is not relevant to a show, our programme or our community, we will not publish it.
9. We will not edit user posts to change the meaning, spelling, or anything else intended by the user.
This policy is a an organic document that may be amended from time to time as required and should not be considered an exhaustive guide to our community standards.
The Lyric Hammersmith conforms to the Data Protection Act 1998.
When processing your booking, you will be asked for your name, address, email and telephone number. This information is for administration purposes and if you have provided credit card details, these will only be used for the purpose of handling an individual booking or order.
We would like to keep you informed of forthcoming events and developments at the Lyric Hammersmith and other venues and when booking you will be asked whether you would like to receive this information either by post or email. If you would prefer not to receive any further information from us please inform a member of staff or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Lyric's website will work more effectively if you enable cookies, although it will still function without.
Our online sales system is powered by Spektrix Ltd and requires cookies to be enabled or for a cookie exception for "system.spektrix.com" to be added. Cookie technology is used to keep track of your order as you proceed through the online booking process. The system.spektrix.com cookie expires as soon as you close your browser.
Visting www.lyric.co.uk with your browser set to accept cookies, indicates that you consent to receiving cookies from us for purposes as described above.