Our Latest Donors:
Search by month
- The Reuben Foundation Wing - - If you're wondering how the build of our new... - View entry
- Gala 2013 - - Last week we held an incredible event at the... - View entry
- New Year Donations - - Happy New Year from everyone at the Lyric. We... - View entry
- Give a Gift for Christmas - - With Cinderella just around the corner... - View entry
- Young People take Centre Stage - - The Lyric is unique in its dual commitment to... - View entry
- Help us Build our Future - - We are really excited to be launching our... - View entry
- Being Green - - Here at the Lyric, we are all about being green... - View entry
- Donation Thanks - - We are delighted to have raised almost... - View entry
Demolition has begun!Posted by Lyric, 17 June 2013
Above is a photograph showing the part of the Lyric that is being demolished and made ready for our new building. Jamie Lumley our photographer was on site this week taking these pictures so we can all see the progress that is being made. The site is being worked on so that we can extend the current Lyric building and create a place for young people across London to learn new skills and gain qualifications.
The new building will contain a whole host of exciting spaces such as a recording studio, dance studio and cinema. The vision of our capital development project is to create a unique learning environment at the heart of a professional theatre in which artists, teachers and young people can become the arts professionals of the future or just access facilities that would not normally be available to them.
From what we can see of the work that’s taken place so far and the plans for the snazzy new Reuben Foundation wing, its going to be an exciting place to be. We expect work to be finished in the summer of 2014 and if you want to be a part of this project then go ahead and donate something for the building here.
Green TeamPosted by Lyric, 3 June 2013
Here at the Lyric we are committed to being as green as we possibly can and are always looking to improve. Imagine our excitement when we reviewed our achievements over the past month and realised that we recycled 98% of our waste in April and our overall emissions were down by 12% on last year.
At the beginning of April this year we switched on our new electricity supply with Arts Basket, using 100% renewable energy and 72% of our energy was generated by wind. Phew, now that’s a lot of energy saved along with a little bit of the planet, yay!
So it’s onwards and upwards for us and we are also thinking of ways for our new building to be lovely and green too – not in colour - that would be a bit much. If you want to help us raise funds for this incredible new building for young people click here to donate and to read more about it, just click here.