Our Latest Donors:
Search by month
- Apply to join to Lyric Alumni - - Have you been through a programme at the Lyric... - View entry
- Free First Night Giveaway for Tipping the Velvet - - The Free First Night performance of Tipping... - View entry
- CHRISTMAS 2015 AT THE LYRIC HAMMERSMITH - - This winter the Lyric Hammersmith will stage two... - View entry
- Casting Announced for Tipping the Velvet - - Sally Messham and Laura Rogers to lead the cast... - View entry
- LYRIC HAMMERSMITH ANNOUNCES SIAN ALEXANDER AS NEW EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR - - Today it is officially announced that Sian... - View entry
- FULL CAST ANNOUNCED FOR TIPPING THE VELVET - - Kirsty Besterman, David Cardy, Amanda Hadingue,... - View entry
- JOIN THE YOUNG ENSEMBLE IN LYRIC HAMMERSMITH’S PANTOMIME CINDERELLA - - PAID TRAINING OPPORTUNITY We are looking... - View entry
- We are running WestRun London 10km - - On 04 October 2015 a group of Lyric Staff will... - View entry
- 5 minutes with...The Human Zoo Company - - We caught up with Human Zoo Theatre Company a... - View entry
- 5 Minutes with...Monotone Man actor Nick Gilbert - - We caught up with Monotone Man actor Nick... - View entry
- EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR JESSICA HEPBURN TO LEAVE THE LYRIC HAMMERSMITH - - Today it is officially announced that Jessica... - View entry
- Bank Holiday Opening Times - - Please note that our opening hours this Bank... - View entry
- Theatre in the Square Announced - - Tuesday 09 June - Wednesday 24 June 2015... - View entry
- Bank Holiday Opening Hours - 25 May - - This Bank Holiday our Box Office opening hours... - View entry
- 5 minutes with...Toby Ealden - Artistic Director Zest Theatre - - We caught up with Toby Ealden from Zest Theatre... - View entry
- 5 minutes with...Boy from Boy Meet Girl - - We caught up with Martyn Bignell who plays Boy... - View entry
- Commission for Outdoor Performances - - BRIEF | OUTDOOR PERFORMANCE COMMISSIONS... - View entry
- Edinburgh Fringe Success - - This year the Lyric’s Secret Theatre... - View entry
- Theatre in the Square returns - - The Lyric will once again present captivating... - View entry
- Easter Weekend Closure - - The Lyric will be closed from Friday 18 April -... - View entry
- Spend some time in The Clink - - Our latest fundraising event offers a very... - View entry
- Winter shows announced - - There's cause to celebrate today as tickets... - View entry
- Secret Theatre receives Arts Council Exceptional Award - - We're thrilled to announce that Secret... - View entry
- Our Cafe is now open - - Come in and enjoy our simple and delicious menu... - View entry
- Christmas Opening Times - - The Lyric will be closed on Christmas Eve and... - View entry
- What everyone's talking about - - Since Secret Theatre opened one month ago it has... - View entry
- Sneak a peek - - Although we are sworn to secrecy on the show... - View entry
- Last chance - - Show 3 of Secret Theatre premieres on Oct... - View entry
- Family Fun Day - - To celebrate our involvement in the Family Arts... - View entry
- The Reuben Foundation Wing - - If you're wondering how the build of our new... - View entry
- Gala 2013 - - Last week we held an incredible event at the... - View entry
- New Year Donations - - Happy New Year from everyone at the Lyric. We... - View entry
- Give a Gift for Christmas - - With Cinderella just around the corner... - View entry
- Young People take Centre Stage - - The Lyric is unique in its dual commitment to... - View entry
- Help us Build our Future - - We are really excited to be launching our... - View entry
- Being Green - - Here at the Lyric, we are all about being green... - View entry
- Donation Thanks - - We are delighted to have raised almost... - View entry
CHRISTMAS 2015 AT THE LYRIC HAMMERSMITHPosted by Lyric Hammersmith, 10 September 2015
This winter the Lyric Hammersmith will stage two delightful productions that are sure to add some sparkle to the festive season. This year’s Lyric pantomime, Cinderella, will dazzle audiences in the Main House while the charming and lovable Raymond Briggs’ Father Christmas returns to enchant under 6s in the Lyric Studio.
In the Main House
By Tom Wells
A Lyric Hammersmith Production
Saturday 21 November 2015 – Sunday 03 January 2016
Grab your glittery Converse and put the pumpkin into top gear as Cinderella heads to the biggest party of the season to meet a very charming Prince. Following the success of Jack and the Beanstalk and Dick Whittington and his Cat, Award winning playwright Tom Wells pens another traditional panto with plenty of festive fun in true Lyric style.
Samuel Buttery plays Buttons. Recent theatre credits include: The Tale of Mr Tumble (Manchester International Festival); Buttery Brown Monk (Leicester Square Theatre); Taboo (Broadway, Brixton Club House) and The Bald Primadonna (George Wood Theatre). Film & Television credits include: Blaggers, Child 44, Journey to the Moon. Sam is also known as a finalist from the original series of BBC1's The Voice, when he was mentored by Sir Tom Jones.
Sara Crowe plays Madama Woo. Recent theatre credits include:Crush the Musical(UK Tour); Noises Off (Mercury Theatre Colchester); Fallen Angels (UK Tour); Radio Times, the Musical, The City Madam (The Swan, RSC); On Approval, Less Than Kind, St John’s Night (Jermyn St Theatre); Bedroom Farce (Duke of York’s); Calendar Girls (Noel Coward Theatre); The Real Inspector Hound & Black Comedy (Comedy Theatre); The Constant Wife, A Busy Day (Lyric Theatre); Dames at Sea (Ambassadors Theatre), Hay Fever (Albery Theatre, for which she received an Olivier nomination for Best Comedy Performance). Film and Television credits include:Four Weddings & a Funeral; Carry on Columbus, Caught in the Act,Round Ireland with a Fridge, Born and Bred, Haggard, Big Meg Little Meg Sometime Never; Alas Smith and Jones, The Harry Enfield Show, Scarlett, The Green Green Grass,Skins and Eastenders.
Krystal Dockery plays Cinderella. She first appeared on the Lyric stage as part of the young ensemble for Aladdin (2011), Cinderella (2012) and Jack and the Beanstalk (2013). This production will be Krystal’s professional stage debut.
Karl Queensborough plays Prince Charming. Karl first appeared on the Lyric stage as part of the young ensemble for the Lyric’s first pantomime Jack and the Beanstalk (2009), Dick Whittington and his Cat (2010) and Morning (also Traverse). Theatre credits include: A Wolf in Snakeskin Shoes (Tricycle Theatre); Dayglo, Mind the Gap, (Y-Touring) and 365 (National Theatre of Scotland). Television credits include: Casualty and Sniggers with Attitude. Karl graduated from Central School of Speech and Drama.
Tom Wells theatre credits include Dick Whittington and his Cat and Jack and The Beanstalk (Lyric Hammersmith), Jumpers for Goalposts (Paines Plough/Watford Palace Theatre/UK Tour); Symphony(Co-written with Ella Hickson and Nick Payne. Edinburgh Festival/ Soho Theatre),Cosmic (Ros Terry/Root Theatre, East Yorkshire Tour); Jonesy (nabokov); The Kitchen Sink (Bush Theatre, winner of the Most Promising Playwright - Critics Circle, 2011 and the 2012 George Devine Award); Spacewang (Hull Truck); Me, As A Penguin (West Yorkshire Playhouse/Arcola Theatre/UK Tour); About a Goth (Paines Plough/Oran Mor) and Notes For First Time Astronauts (Paines Plough/Soho Theatre). Ben & Lump, which Tom wrote as part of the Coming Up season (Touchpaper) was broadcast on Channel 4 in 2012and his play Jonesy was broadcast on Radio 4 last year. Tom is currently under commission to Hull Truck /Birmingham Rep/Watford Palace Theatre; Plymouth Festival Theatre and Northern Broadsides and he is developing a new idea for Leftbank Pictures.
Further casting to be announced.
In the Lyric Studio
Adapted by Pins and Needles
A Lyric Hammersmith and Pins and Needles Production
Friday 20 November – Thursday 24 December 2015
The Lyric’s beloved production for young children returns for the fourth year to the Lyric Studio. Suitable for under 6s, Raymond Briggs’ Father Christmas has become a must-see Christmas show for families, especially as a great introduction to theatre for young children.
Raymond Briggs’ Father Christmas follows Santa as he awakes from a dream of sun, sea and sand only to find it is the busiest day of the year: Christmas Eve. This timeless festive story bursts into life with live music, playful puppets and a masterfully magical set.
Based on the book by Raymond Briggs
Adapted by Pins and Needles Productions
Published by Puffin books Copyright © Raymond Briggs
Free First Night Giveaway for Tipping the VelvetPosted by Lyric Hammersmith, 8 September 2015
The Free First Night performance of Tipping the Velvet will be on Sat 19 Sep at 7.30pm. The ticket give-away will take place this Friday and Saturday (11 & 12 Sep) from 9am.
If you live or work in the borough of Hammersmith & Fulham don't miss your chance to see this adaptation of Sarah Waters' audacious bestselling novel for FREE.
‘Acclaimed playwright Laura Wade (Posh, Royal Court/West End) brings Sarah Waters’ audacious bestselling novel to the stage directed by Lyndsey Turner (Chimerica, Almeida/West End).
It’s 1887 and Nancy Astley sits in the audience at her local music hall: she doesn’t know it yet, but the next act on the bill will change her life. Tonight is the night she’ll fall in love… with the thrill of the stage and with Kitty Butler, a girl who wears trousers.
Giddy with desire and hungry for experience, Nancy follows Kitty to London where unimaginable adventures await.
A Lyric Hammersmith & Royal Lyceum Theatre Edinburgh co-production.
This show contains scenes of a sexual nature.
People who live or work in Hammersmith & Fulham can get TWO FREE tickets to the first night of all main house Lyric productions. Tickets are given away on the Friday and Saturday before the first performance. Simply arrive at Ticket Office from opening time (9am) with proof of your home or work address (e.g. a recent utility bill or wage slip. Driving licenses’ are not accepted) to collect your tickets. Tickets are issued on a first come first served basis and cannot be reserved or held. There are limited tickets available per show and we cannot guarantee that you will receive tickets.
Apply to join to Lyric AlumniPosted by Lyric Hammersmith, 7 September 2015
Have you been through a programme at the Lyric and want to inspire and support other young people to do the same?
Do you want to learn about supporting creative projects, safeguarding and youth work?
Apply to join to Lyric Alumni
The Lyric is looking to expand its pool of support practitioners otherwise known as the Lyric Alumni. As a Lyric Alumni member you will be paid to support our activity, represent the Lyric at schools and community groups and work with us to promote the amazing work the Lyric does with young people in West London.
To be a Lyric Alumni you need to have
- Participated and completed a Lyric Young peoples project or programme.
- Be between 18 and 25.
- Be available to support Lyric Young Company activity in the Autumn term for one night a week or on a Saturday morning.
- Have a passion for the creative arts and working with young people.
- Be happy to undertake an enhanced disclosure and background check
To apply please email email@example.com
In your email please detail
Why you would want to be a Lyric Alumni
What project you have participated in at the Lyric
What your availability is like for the Autumn Term 22 September – 09 December and if there is a preferred evening you would like to support (excluding half term)
Deadline for applications in Friday 11 September
You must be able to attend a paid training session on Thursday 17 September from 4pm – 9pm