Our Latest Donors:
Search by month
- Bank Holiday Opening Times - - Please note that our opening hours this Bank... - View entry
- Theatre in the Square Announced - - Tuesday 09 June - Wednesday 24 June 2015... - View entry
- Bank Holiday Opening Hours - 25 May - - This Bank Holiday our Box Office opening hours... - View entry
- 5 minutes with...Toby Ealden - Artistic Director Zest Theatre - - We caught up with Toby Ealden from Zest Theatre... - View entry
- Commission for Outdoor Performances - - BRIEF | OUTDOOR PERFORMANCE COMMISSIONS... - View entry
- Edinburgh Fringe Success - - This year the Lyric’s Secret Theatre... - View entry
- Theatre in the Square returns - - The Lyric will once again present captivating... - View entry
- Easter Weekend Closure - - The Lyric will be closed from Friday 18 April -... - View entry
- Spend some time in The Clink - - Our latest fundraising event offers a very... - View entry
- Winter shows announced - - There's cause to celebrate today as tickets... - View entry
- Secret Theatre receives Arts Council Exceptional Award - - We're thrilled to announce that Secret... - View entry
- Our Cafe is now open - - Come in and enjoy our simple and delicious menu... - View entry
- Christmas Opening Times - - The Lyric will be closed on Christmas Eve and... - View entry
- What everyone's talking about - - Since Secret Theatre opened one month ago it has... - View entry
- Sneak a peek - - Although we are sworn to secrecy on the show... - View entry
- Last chance - - Show 3 of Secret Theatre premieres on Oct... - View entry
- Family Fun Day - - To celebrate our involvement in the Family Arts... - View entry
- The Reuben Foundation Wing - - If you're wondering how the build of our new... - View entry
- Gala 2013 - - Last week we held an incredible event at the... - View entry
- New Year Donations - - Happy New Year from everyone at the Lyric. We... - View entry
- Give a Gift for Christmas - - With Cinderella just around the corner... - View entry
- Young People take Centre Stage - - The Lyric is unique in its dual commitment to... - View entry
- Help us Build our Future - - We are really excited to be launching our... - View entry
- Being Green - - Here at the Lyric, we are all about being green... - View entry
- Donation Thanks - - We are delighted to have raised almost... - View entry
5 minutes with...Toby Ealden - Artistic Director Zest TheatrePosted by Lyric Hammersmith, 22 May 2015
We caught up with Toby Ealden from Zest Theatre ahead of their Theatre in the Square performance Boy Meets Girl.
Tell us a bit about Zest Theatre?
Zest creates exciting theatre for, by and with young people. We’re based in Lincoln and tour theatres, public spaces and schools with our innovative shows. Our shows usually have some kind of interactive or immersive twist to them with the audience places right in the centre of the action.
What’s your role in the company?
I am the Artistic Director and get to oversee all things creative for the organisation. I love my job but it’s not as glamorous as it seems, we are a very small company so I also have to get my hands dirty and do a whole range of not so interesting things too!
So what is Boy Meets Girl all about?
As the title says, it the story of boy meeting girl. It’s a simple story of their relationship that gives the audience the chance to physically follow the characters through the joy, hope and heartbreak of looking for love.
We use dance, theatre and a specially composed soundtrack to tell the story through our Silent Disco Headphones.
The show’s content lasts 30 minutes but loops for an hour giving audiences a chance to see both sides of the story. But if you stay until the end you’ll discover that it’s not your usual love story ending.
What are you looking forward to most about performing at Theatre in the Square?
We’re based in Lincolnshire, which is a very rural county. Last summer we tested the show on some of our local communities in rural market towns. We’re excited to be opening our 2015 tour in London at Theatre in the Square in a very different setting!
Why should people come and see Boy Meets Girl?
The thing we find most exciting about the show is that everyone reads it in a different way depending in their own expectations or experiences of love.
It means the show is super accessible to everyone regardless of age. There really is something for everyone – even the youngest audiences have been drawn into the story.
Also, our headphones are pretty cool too – so come along, even if it is to just try them out!
Boy Meets Girl will run from Tuesday 09 - Wednesday 10 June in Lyric Square as part of the Theatre in the Square series.
This is a non-ticketed free event for passers-by in Hammersmith to enjoy.
Bank Holiday Opening Hours - 25 MayPosted by Lyric, 21 May 2015
This Bank Holiday our Box Office opening hours will be 09.30 – 17:00
Theatre in the Square AnnouncedPosted by Lyric Hammersmith, 20 May 2015
Tuesday 09 June - Wednesday 24 June 2015
Today the Lyric Hammersmith announces the fifth year of Theatre in the Square, created by the Lyric for HammersmithLondon.
The programme for June 2015 will include Boy Meets Girl, Monotone Man and Citizen Squid.
The Lyric’s programme of shows invites passers-by to stop and enjoy free theatre in Lyric Square.
No ticket required.
Tuesday 09 June & Wednesday 10 June
Grab a pair of headphones from the Zest Theatre Tent and follow the journey of Boy & Girl who journey into the unknown in an interactive love story set in Hammersmith. Cut out the hubbub of King Street and watch how the relationship blossoms in front of you!
Tuesday 16 June & Wednesday 17 June
Monotone Man lives in a monochrome life, stuck in a routine of black and white as he commutes through London, alone, shutting off from the world and forgetting those around us… but what if that routine is broken, even just a little bit. Join The Human Zoo as they explore the more colourful side of life.
Commissioned by Lyric Hammersmith, Watford Palace, Greenwich & Docklands and Latitude Festival.
Tuesday 23 & Wednesday 24 June
A gigantic Squid has crawled into the square, but how did it get there? And what will we do with it? Hammersmith's latest resident needs your help. This interactive big puppet spectacle inhabits the Lyric Square.
Commissioned by Lyric Hammersmith and Watford Palace.
Tuesday & Wednesday lunchtimes and evenings
For up-to-date performance times and full details 020 8741 6850 / www.lyric.co.uk
Citizen Squid and Monotone Manwill transfer to Watford Palace Theatre as part ofthe Imagine Watford Festival. In addition Monotone Man will transfer to Greenwich+Docklands International Festival andLatitude festival.
The dates of these performances are:
Greenwich+Docklands International Festival | 26 - 28 June
Imagine Watford | 03 – 05 July
Latitude Festival | 16 – 19 July | www.latitudefestival.co.uk
Bank Holiday Opening TimesPosted by Lyric, 1 May 2015
Please note that our opening hours this Bank Holiday Monday 04 May will be 10am - 5pm.
Happy May Day!