Search by month
- Jude Christian and Ola Ince appointed new Artistic Associates at the Lyric Hammersmith - - The Lyric Hammersmith is pleased to announce... - View entry
- LYRIC HAMMERSMITH ANNOUNCES SPRING 2017 SEASON INCLUDING THREE MAJOR NEW WORKS - - Celebrating 100 years since Roald... - View entry
- FULL CAST ANNOUNCED FOR Shopping and F***ing - - The Lyric Hammersmith today announces full... - View entry
- Lyric Hammersmith Awarded 4 Star Creative Green Certification by Julie’s Bicycle - - Today the Lyric plays host to Julie’s... - View entry
- Full cast announced for Aladdin - - Saturday 19 November 2016 – Saturday 07... - View entry
- A Midsummer Night's Dream on tour - - We're thrilled to announce that the Lyric... - View entry
- Full casting announced for Bugsy Malone at the Lyric Hammersmith - - We are pleased to announce full casting for Sir... - View entry
- Summer BBQ season at Lyric Bar & Grill - - During the summer months Lyric Bar & Grill... - View entry
- Lyric Hammersmith’s Sherice Pitter announced as Creative and Cultural Skills Apprentice of the Year - - Sherice Pitter has been named the Creative and... - View entry
- Disabled Access Day at Lyric Hammersmith - - Celebrate Disabled Access Day at the Lyric... - View entry
- Artist Call Out - Development Lab - - Are you a theatre maker/solo artist? Do... - View entry
- CHILDREN AND FAMILY NEWS FROM THE LYRIC HAMMERSMITH - - The Lyric Hammersmith wins the Get Creative... - View entry
- A Midsummer Night's Dream Casting Announced - - Full casting has been announced for the Lyric... - View entry
- Free First Night Giveaway for A Midsummer Night's Dream - - Friday 12 and Saturday 13 February will see the... - View entry
- Louise Zandstra appointed as Director of Finance and Resources - - The Lyric Hammersmith is pleased to announce... - View entry
- 5 minutes with...Toby Ealden Artistic Director of Zest - - We caught up with Toby Ealden ahead of Zest... - View entry
- 5 minutes with...Luke Vernon from Gatecrash - - With less than a month to go until Gatecrash we... - View entry
- Apply to join to Lyric Alumni - - Have you been through a programme at the Lyric... - View entry
- Free First Night Giveaway for Tipping the Velvet - - The Free First Night performance of Tipping... - View entry
- CHRISTMAS 2015 AT THE LYRIC HAMMERSMITH - - This winter the Lyric Hammersmith will stage two... - View entry
- Casting Announced for Tipping the Velvet - - Sally Messham and Laura Rogers to lead the cast... - View entry
- LYRIC HAMMERSMITH ANNOUNCES SIAN ALEXANDER AS NEW EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR - - Today it is officially announced that Sian... - View entry
- FULL CAST ANNOUNCED FOR TIPPING THE VELVET - - Kirsty Besterman, David Cardy, Amanda Hadingue,... - View entry
- JOIN THE YOUNG ENSEMBLE IN LYRIC HAMMERSMITH’S PANTOMIME CINDERELLA - - PAID TRAINING OPPORTUNITY We are looking... - View entry
- We are running WestRun London 10km - - On 04 October 2015 a group of Lyric Staff will... - View entry
- 5 minutes with...The Human Zoo Company - - We caught up with Human Zoo Theatre Company a... - View entry
- 5 Minutes with...Monotone Man actor Nick Gilbert - - We caught up with Monotone Man actor Nick... - View entry
- EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR JESSICA HEPBURN TO LEAVE THE LYRIC HAMMERSMITH - - Today it is officially announced that Jessica... - View entry
- Bank Holiday Opening Times - - Please note that our opening hours this Bank... - View entry
- Theatre in the Square Announced - - Tuesday 09 June - Wednesday 24 June 2015... - View entry
- Bank Holiday Opening Hours - 25 May - - This Bank Holiday our Box Office opening hours... - View entry
- 5 minutes with...Toby Ealden - Artistic Director Zest Theatre - - We caught up with Toby Ealden from Zest Theatre... - View entry
- 5 minutes with...Boy from Boy Meet Girl - - We caught up with Martyn Bignell who plays Boy... - View entry
- Commission for Outdoor Performances - - BRIEF | OUTDOOR PERFORMANCE COMMISSIONS... - View entry
- Edinburgh Fringe Success - - This year the Lyric’s Secret Theatre... - View entry
- Theatre in the Square returns - - The Lyric will once again present captivating... - View entry
- Easter Weekend Closure - - The Lyric will be closed from Friday 18 April -... - View entry
- Spend some time in The Clink - - Our latest fundraising event offers a very... - View entry
- Winter shows announced - - There's cause to celebrate today as tickets... - View entry
- Secret Theatre receives Arts Council Exceptional Award - - We're thrilled to announce that Secret... - View entry
- Our Cafe is now open - - Come in and enjoy our simple and delicious menu... - View entry
- Christmas Opening Times - - The Lyric will be closed on Christmas Eve and... - View entry
- What everyone's talking about - - Since Secret Theatre opened one month ago it has... - View entry
- Sneak a peek - - Although we are sworn to secrecy on the show... - View entry
- Last chance - - Show 3 of Secret Theatre premieres on Oct... - View entry
- Family Fun Day - - To celebrate our involvement in the Family Arts... - View entry
- The Reuben Foundation Wing - - If you're wondering how the build of our new... - View entry
- Gala 2013 - - Last week we held an incredible event at the... - View entry
- New Year Donations - - Happy New Year from everyone at the Lyric. We... - View entry
- Give a Gift for Christmas - - With Cinderella just around the corner... - View entry
- Young People take Centre Stage - - The Lyric is unique in its dual commitment to... - View entry
- Help us Build our Future - - We are really excited to be launching our... - View entry
- Being Green - - Here at the Lyric, we are all about being green... - View entry
- Donation Thanks - - We are delighted to have raised almost... - View entry
Casting announced for Roald Dahl's Fantastic Mr FoxPosted by Lyric Hammersmith, 18 October 2016
Artistic Director of Nuffield Theatre Sam Hodges today announces the full cast for its brand new adaptation of Roald Dahl’s classic Fantastic Mr Fox, a co-production with Curve, in association with Lyric Hammersmith. Greg Barnett leads the cast as Mr Fox, with Richard Atwill (Rat/Bean), Raphael Bushay (Badger/Boggis), Jade Croot (Kit), Sandy Foster (Rabbit), Lillie Flynn (Mrs Fox), Gruffudd Glyn (Mole/Bunce), and Tanya Shields and Edward Hole completing the ensemble, alongside actor-musicians, Patrick Burbridge,Richie Hart and Anna Fordham.
The play, adapted by Sam Holcroft, directed by Maria Aberg, and featuring original music from Arthur Darvill, opens at Nuffield Theatre on 30 November, with previews from 22 November, and runs until 8 January, before touring the UK in 2017 beginning at Lyric Hammersmith on 25 January.
Sam Holcroft’s most recent play, Rules For Living, premièred at the National Theatre in 2015. She was the Writer-in-Residence at the National Theatre Studio from 2013-14 and was the Pearson Playwright in Residence at the Traverse Theatre in 2009-10. In 2014 she was a recipient of the Windham Campbell Prize for Literature in the Drama category and in 2009 she won the Tom Erhardt Award for up and coming writers. Her other plays include The Wardrobe, Edgar And Annabel, Dancing Bears, While You Lie, Pink, Vanya and Cockroach. She is currently under commission from the Royal Court Theatre.
Richard Atwill plays Rat and Bean. His theatre credits includeMacbeth, Eugene Ionesco's Macbett (RSC), God in Ruins (RSC/Soho Theatre), Potted Potter (Broadway), The Changing Room (Royal Court Theatre), The Adventure (Pleasance/Manchester Royal Exchange/Watford Palace Theatre), Unscorched, Captain Oates’ Left Sock, iWitness, Beating Heart Cadaver (Finborough Theatre), The Roman Bath (Arcola/National Theatre, Bulgaria), Beyond The Pale (Southwark Playhouse) and Roots andThe Light of Heart (Theatre Cymru). For television his work includes Shakespeare Live and Horrible Histories; and for film, Risen and Bill.
Raphael Bushay playsBadger and Boggis. He graduated from Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts in 2014. His credits include Henry V (Regent’s Park Open Air Theatre).
Greg Barnett plays Mr Fox. His theatre credits include This Little Life of Mine and Therèse Raquin (Park Theatre), These Trees Are Made of Blood (Southwark Playhouse), Making a Scene (National Theatre), The School for Scandal (Theatre Royal Bath), Swallows and Amazons (Vaudeville Theatre and UK tour), Spend Spend Spend (Watermill and UK tour), Zorro (Garrick Theatre), Peter Pan (Birmingham Rep), Twelfth Night (Royal and Derngate) and Sweeney Todd (UK tour). His work for television includes Fleabag andUndercover; and for film, Hot Property, Bonobo and The Road to Nirvana.
Jade Croot plays Kit. Her theatre credits include Doctor Faustus (RSC and Barbican). Her film work includes The Machine.
Lillie Flynn plays Mrs Fox. Her theatre credits include Sunny Afternoon (Harold Pinter Theatre, Hampstead Theatre),Wicked (Apollo Victoria Theatre),Love Story (Duchess Theatre, Chichester Festival Theatre), Quadrophenia (UK tour), The Spirit of Broadway (China tour) and The War Of The Worlds (UK tour).
Sandy Foster plays Rabbit. Her theatre credits include Days of Significance, Oppenheimer, A Shoemaker’s Holiday (RSC), Desire Under the Elms (Lyric Hammersmith), Much Ado About Nothing (Manchester Royal Exchange), A Streetcar Named Desire (Curve) and Twelfth Night (Filter Theatre). Her television work includes The Dumping Ground, The Kerry and Lu Show and Call the Midwife; and for film, Mr Turner,Toshi, Muse of Fire and What You Will.
Gruffudd Glyn plays Mole and Bunce. His theatre credits include Three Sisters (Young Vic), American Trade, The Winter’s Tale, Romeo and Juliet, The Grain Store, Julius Caesar, Young People’s Hamlet (RSC), Brave New World (Royal and Derngate and UK tour) and After the End (Sherman Theatre). His television work includes Dr Who, Poldark,Stella, Gwaith/Cartref,Hinterland/Y Gwyll; and for film, The Martian, The Theory of Everything and Thor: The Dark World.
Maria Aberg directs. Her directing work includes, for the RSC Dr Faustus (also Barbican), The White Devil, As You Like It, King John, The Gods Weep, Days of Significance, Hotel (National Theatre), Much Ado About Nothing (Manchester Royal Exchange), The Chairs (Theatre Royal Bath) and Alaska (Royal Court). She has also directed at Hampstead Theatre and Trafalgar Studios. Forthcoming directing projects include The Great Gatsby (Royal & Derngate and Birmingham Rep) and The Winter's Tale (Romateatern, Sweden).
Arthur Darvill is an actor and composer, best-known for his regular appearances as Rory in BBC TV’s Doctor Who and as Rev. Paul Coates on ITV’s Broadchurch. Darvill’s most recent theatre work as composer includes I Want My Hat Back (National Theatre), I Heart Peterborough (Eastern Angles), The Bacchae (English Touring Theatre), It’s About Time (Nabokov/Latitude), and Jack and The Beanstalk (Lyric Hammersmith). He won the Musical Theatre Matters Award for Been So Long (Young Vic/English Touring Theatre).
Directed by Maria Aberg; Designed by Tom Scutt; Music by Arthur Darvill
Lyrics by Darren Clark, Arthur Darvill, Sam Holcroft andAl Muriel
Sound Designer: Claire Windsor; Lighting Designer: Lee Curran;Movement Director: Ayse Tashkiran